HOW TO BOOK AN ARCHAEO-PRO INCURSION
An INCURSION CONSISTS of a lecture (c. 45 mins) and an EXHIBITION
inspection activity (c. 45 mins) where students complete a printed worksheet or other activity.
1. Phone Garry Stone on 0397547376 or 0410 508 651 to check on availability of a date you have in mind. Since my booking diary can change daily please do not e-mail a suggested date to me.
2. “Pencil Book” this date with me (Penciled Bookings will be held for two weeks from the date of enquiry - if I do not hear from you within that time I cannot guarantee the date will be still available (although by chance it may be)- only CONFIRMED BOOKINGS will be kept. Penciled bookings are at no
obligation and are free- some teachers have found that they require two or three attempts to settle on a date with their administration so some juggling is common..
prepared with your school PHONE number, school FAX number and your correct EMAIL address. A mobile phone number is handy and approximate NUMBER of students and their grade.*
3. CONFIRM this date with your school ADMINISTRATION
4. Book your ROOM(S) for the EXHIBITION and LECTURE (they need not be the same room but should be as close to each other as possible)
5. Phone me to CONFIRM your booking (I will issue a CONFIRMATION E-Mail).
Unfortunately I have found that I will need to levy a CANCELLATION FEE if your school cancels within ONE MONTH of the
CONFIRMED BOOKING DATE and is unable to reschedule another date that calendar year; so moving a pencil-booking or a confirmed date is fine.
6. I will send you a TOPICS document advising of the Lecture TOPICS available - with a full description of the content of each lecture and a REQUIREMENTS document detailing my access needs e.g. ground floor access (at most ONE step or ramp, or a
lift, access and parking etc.) for the EXHIBITION, room size, layout of tables in the EXHIBITION ROOM, payment method etc.
PLEASE READ THESE DOCUMENTS CAREFULLY
Email or phone me your choice of TOPIC. I am quite happy to put two civilizations into one lecture but of course each will be much abbreviated. My lectures do NOT Last for more than 45 mins unless by prior arrangement. I will do EXTENDED lectures and/or SPECIAL TOPICS at reasonable negotiated fees e.g. for older students.
I PREFER to limit student numbers viewing the EXHIBITION to 60/session - more than this can be chaotic, so I am prepared to run at most three EXHIBITION and LECTURE sessions for the day (there are minimum charges for one. two, or three lectures in a day+)
8. When your booking is CONFIRMED I will e-mail you the MASTER QUESTION SHEET or CROSSWORD SHEET and TEACHER CHEAT SHEET for you to compile your own student question sheet. Please read the instructions carefully.
9. Upon CONFIRMATION I will fax an INVOICE to you or your BURSAR and check its arrival by phone. I charge $7/student, however most schools avail themselves of my discounted fee of $6/student if (and ONLY IF) the school pays me by EFT or CHEQUE ON THE DAY. Please make it clear to your bursar that the discounted $6/student
option APPLIES ONLY IF THE PAYMENT IS MADE ON THE DAY. EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE. If your bursar is chooses to pay after the day of the lecture the fee is $7/student and your school WILL BE INVOICED FOR THE FULL FEE OF $7/student.
* You pay only for the number of students present on the day subject
to the minimum fee conditions below.
+ MINIMUM fee for one lecture/day is $350; for 2 lectures on day $400; for three lectures on day $500.
ALL TEACHERS RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY CD OF EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES for NON-COMMERCIAL USE within the school the teacher works in - INCLUDING ANY SCHOOL THE TEACHER MAY WORK IN IN THE FUTURE. THIS CD IS THE PROPERTY OF THE TEACHER BUT THE MATERIAL INCLUDED (EXCLUDING ANY INTERNET MATERIAL CONTAINED THEREIN) REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT (C) OF GARRY R STONE.